1) Plan Before Recording Don’t just “wing it” and ramble when you record. It’s important to have a clear-cut message you want to share. Create bullet points you want to get across. You can even tape them to the wall to stay on track.
Then practice it. Don’t read. The more conversational you are the more connected your audience will feel.
2) Hook ’em Fast Just like headlines are important for articles and email marketing, opening hooks are key to grabbing attention from viewers.
You have 10 seconds to capture your audience’s attention. What question can you ask to draw them in? How can you make them curious or intrigued to find out more?
3) Give First If you create your video with the feeling “I want them to buy” it will send bad vibes. Think first about how you can share value.
What can you teach them? How you can make them feel entertained? What inspiration can you provide?
4) Facts Tell, Stories Sell No one can resist a good story. Try to think of a story that illustrates the point you want to make. It helps viewers relate to you and engages them on an emotional level.
5) Call to Action Ask the viewers to take action at the end of the video. Do you want them to buy, subscribe, or hit like and share?
6) SEO Optimize Use keywords in your video title, description, and tags that will help you rank better on YouTube and Google. Create a catchy title that uses keywords and sounds natural.
If you have post the video on your website, creating a sitemap tells the search engine bots you have a video hosted on your website and will result in more organic traffic.
Video marketing is quickly becoming the future of content marketing. I hope you’ll take the plunge this year to make video marketing an important addition to your promotion toolbox. Check out some of the video eTips I do on a weekly basis on our YouTube channel here! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBIF6qxkqCytikXgrBEJB7Q
Related Articles – Marketing, video marketing, social media and videos, social media, video ads, seo and videos, branding, video branding. Call to action,