Considering Combined Motor Trade Insurance

If you are looking for your next motor trade insurance policy and you operate from business premises, considering a combined trade policy would probably be beneficial to you and your business. This is because a combined trade policy is specifically designed for anyone working in the motor trade who has their own premises, whether rented or owned and will save you a considerable amount on the cost of your cover.

What exactly is Motor Trade Insurance?

Well even if you’re only going to move a customer’s vehicle 10 yards, you will need some sort of trade car insurance such as road risk insurance, as driving legally on UK roads regardless of the distance requires you have it.

As a motor trader, you will need a policy that covers you for driving business related vehicles such as the example above.

For part time motor traders who run their business from home, a basic motor trade policy is normally sufficient to cover you so long as it focuses on the road risk aspect of the insurance.

When to consider a combined Motor Trade policy

However, if run your business from your own premises it would be worth considering a combined motor trade insurance policy, as these policies generally protect your property and includes things like public liability, accidental damage caused by any customer or visitor to your premises.

It’s therefore an idea for car dealers, mechanics, and just about anyone else who owns a garage, MOT centre or dealership and will have a regular flow of customers and…

Read the full article…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *